Friday, June 28, 2013

Cameo Pageant

The night before the Cinderella State Pageant began there was a Cameo Pageant.  It's basically modeling in a nice dress but with a self introduction in the middle where the girl says her name age and where she is from.  Etta was in the 7-8 year old group and I told her it would be hard since she is one of the younger contestants.  She's been working on her modeling since school got out so I knew she could do it, it's just a matter of her doing it right on stage in front of an audience and several judges.
Etta and Tot friend Savannah before heading into the Ballroom for the Cameo Pageant.
My mom and grandma came into town to watch Chloe for us while Etta and I would be at State but they were able to come with Eric and Chloe to watch the Cameo pageant.  Man, Etta was amazing.  She did everything we've worked on and was AWESOME.  Million mile smile and perfect from first X to last X.  I was so proud of her.  I told her it didn't matter what she placed because she had been perfect.
Modeling her party dress
It was nerve wracking hearing the awards being announced especially then when it got down to the final two (Etta and her good friend Sarah).  Then they announced Etta as the winner.  As you can tell from the pictures below she was a happy girl!

 
 So proud of Etta.

Here are the Nevada State Cameo winners in each age division.  Etta has been working hard all year long for this past week.  It sure started off with a bang when she won Sunday night.  I know several of you want to see State Pageant pictures and want to know how everything went.  I'll have pictures and type all about the past week soon.  I need to catch up on lost sleep from this week.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment