Wednesday, June 5, 2013

A Busy Week with Chloe

What a week.  Today was the girls' last day of school and of course was a half day. Which is a good thing because all the kids were crazy.  I was helping take down stuff in the hallways then helped in Chloe's class for their end of the year picnic.  I find it strange that they had their graduation last week then still had several full days of school.  Last year graduation was in the morning and that was it, school was over.  Oh well.  Even though Kindergarten doesn't do an awards ceremony they still had awards in the art binder.  Chloe got an attendance award for missing only 2 days of school, Principal's Citizenship Award (which I think everyone gets), and the Library Award (from the Librarian).  She was very happy!


All her Kindergarten awards
I took the girls out of school an hour early because Chloe had a dress rehearsal for their Bunker dance recital.  I let the girls have some food on the way there and dressed Chloe in the car when we got to the Smith Center.  This was my first time at the Smith Center and it's pretty impressive.  I was a little bummed because Chloe has been practicing her tap routine on stage left so I picked out seats on that side of the room (Etta is in the middle which made my decision easy).  Of course during dress rehearsal she was at the very end of stage right.  Aaaarrrgggg.  We were allowed to record the dress rehearsal but won't be able to this Saturday.  Instead we get to purchase very expensive DVDs of the performance.  Hopefully it will be a better quality than my little recorder. 
 
Chloe originally asked to do tap again next year but recently says she's done after this month.  I've been trying to encourage her to continue but then I watch this video and notice she really doesn't care.  So, I'd rather put the time and money somewhere she wants it.  She has horse camp next week, let's see how she enjoys that!

No comments:

Post a Comment