Monday, January 27, 2014

Etta's Last Gym Meet

Etta has requested to try rhythmic gymnastics which means she has to give up something to do it.  That happens to be artistic gymnastics.  We're coming up on her last week of practice and this past weekend was her last competition.  I've promised if she doesn't like rhythmic gymnastics she can return to artistic gymnastics so you may see more of these in the future.  We shall see.  Here are some videos of each event.
The first video is of her beam routine.  This was the first time she's done a kick over on the beam and ended up with a personal best of 9.2!  She placed 4th out of 10.
 

Next was vault one of two.  This one looked better than the second vault and she scored a 9.0 which gave her second place out of 10.


 I was sitting in a great spot, except I couldn't see all of the floor routine since the judges were right in front of me.  Etta had just gotten her round off back hand spring and her coach said she should do it as a last hurrah.  She did!  However her arms were bent so the judge killed her score and she got an 8.575.  She ended in 10th which I thought was crazy, especially after watching a lot of the other floor routines.  But, I told Etta I was so excited she tried it and did it fairly well (ie not landing on her face!).



I love watching Etta's bar routine, it makes me realize just how strong she is and that she'll probably loose that going to rhythmic gymnastics.  Hopefully continuing contortion will help.  She scored a 9.4 which isn't her highest score to date but she did awesome.  She also received 4th place for bars.

  


2nd place on vault
4th on bars
4th on beam
10th on floor
4th All Around
  I'm proud of her for putting two brand new skills in for her last meet!

No comments:

Post a Comment