Sunday, February 17, 2013

Eric's Lieutenant Colonel Pinning Ceremony

Eric's Lt. Col. pinning ceremony was January 31st at Creech AFB.  Eric is so funny.  I kept asking him to check when he was going to promote since I want to host a promotion party for him at our house.  He had told me months ago that it would be around March.  So, I finally reminded him to check on it and he did, January 29th.  He called me up later in the day and asked if I would be available for a pinning ceremony two days later.  I told him I'd make myself available by taking the girls out of school early and take the girls to dance class late!  Of all the times to miss school and dance, this was a good enough reason for me.  The girls and I did the 45 minute drive up to Eric's work for the ceremony.
Chloe waiting in daddy's work chair.
 The girls looking super cute with Eric's major hat.

 
General (select) Hecker and Eric reciting the oath of office.
  The girls took off Eric's major rank and low and behold his Lt. Col. patches were on underneath.


 I changed Eric's major pin to Lt Col pin on his flight hat.


Eric wanted to publicly thank me putting putting up with all that comes with being married to the military (moving frequently, tiny kitchens, no dishwashers, etc) by giving me roses but Etta kept trying to steal them from him.  Her face was priceless (hence my constant laughing)!
 However, the girls seemed happy enough when Eric gave them tulips.
Eric's ceremony was followed by eating cake and drinking apple cider.  I'm sure it would have been a more exciting party with lots of booze if everyone didn't have to drive so far to go home!
Party at our house coming soon.


1 comment:

  1. Congrats to Eric!! Justin tells me this is a big deal as he works with a lot with the Air Force officers on the bases. I'm glad you got some flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete