Thursday, January 24, 2013

Preparing for Etta's Birthday Party

Etta's 7th Birthday Party has been in the making for a long time.  That's if you include all the conversations I've had with myself over the topic.  Do I do another big party with all our friends?  Do I keep it small and let her invite a friend or two over for a sleep over?  Of course every time I brought it up Etta would mention she wants everyone she knows to be there and why not let them all sleep over too?  It's funny how kids can't think practically.  I suppose that's my job.
I've been avoiding Monster High since last year when Etta was exposed to it by her best friend from school.  Of course since her best friend had them...she needed them too.  Let's just clear the air, some of those Monster High dolls are freaky and ugly.  Why would I want to pay money for those?!?!
I told her she could have them, only if I wasn't the one buying them.  Turns out grandma and grandpa sent me money to buy the girls' Christmas presents and what did they end up getting with that money?  Monster High dolls.  The beginning of the end I tell ya.  It didn't help that I rented Ghouls Rule from Red Box one day.  After watching the movie with them I decided Monster High isn't so bad after all.
Back to Etta's birthday party, when I asked her what she wanted, she told me a Monster High party.  I made Monster High invitations, I ordered both the girls some costumes, and prepared myself for a party play a sleep over with several close friends.  Here are the girls trying out their costumes.

 
Here is Operetta.  For obvious reasons, this is Etta's favorite Monster High.
 Chloe as Abbey Bominable.  I can't find a wig anywhere, so she had to do with her own hair.


 Etta trying on Ghoulia Yelps, the smartest Zombie ever!  This one is pretty cool too.
We decided that Ghoulia's wig would do for now, Chloe is throwing ice at you!

1 comment:

  1. These darn birthday parties. If I could have the sleep back I have spent preparing for Jades birthday party on Sat. I would take it. Fairies will be taking over our house on Sat. am. Tinkerbell could you leave some pixie dust for me.

    ReplyDelete